2014 - The Year of Why
My intention today was to sit down and spend time thinking back over the last 365 days, to really reflect on the good, the bad and the down right AWFUL. With every passing year we have great moments; although some years it really begins to feel as tho the bad outweighs the good. While reflecting on the last year, it wasn't nearly as bad as 2013 but I know 2015 can be a BETTER and happier year for myself and many others whom I love.
Some highlights of 2014:
- Girls trip to Mexico with my mom: a chance to spend time together just us after having a really hard 2013
- Justin Timberlake Concert - 11th row with my dear friend Courtney. Top 10 concerts I have experienced in my life thus far. Garth Brooks is up there too!
- Trip to Colorado with Alysia for our final Pure Barre training, we spent some time up in Boulder exploring the city and relishing in all our PB love.
- Lucky enough to capture beautiful engagements, weddings and families this year. I can't express my gratitude for those who trust me to be part of their lives and special days.
- Twin Cities Finest - this may have been the highlight of 2014. It was a great opportunity to come together with 19 other young professionals in the cities, raise money for an even better cause and celebrate our achievements. Through Finest I was able to develop incredible friendships with people I would not have met otherwise.
- Pure Barre - as I approach my 2 year teaching anniversary and almost 1000 classes, I'm incredibly grateful for the community of women who come through those doors each day. These women have turned into amazing friends, supporters and some of the best people in my life. Honestly, I can't imagine my life without teaching and being part of the Pure Barre Community.
- Turned 30 - one of those dreaded milestones which ended up being a fantastic celebration and I have to say, it may be my year...
There were downsides to the past year, as I try and recall them they definitely don't outweigh the good that has happened. It was a year of asking the question "why". The why in relationships, friendships, marriages, and divorce. There were deaths without reason, heartbreaks for friends, families and loved ones. Pain for those we wish we could take away from them, in hopes it helps them to heal. As I move forward into 2015, my goal is to enjoy and live every moment to the best of my ability. Something I attempt to do every year but it really feels as though this year will be the BETTER year.