Sometimes you come across recipes on Pinterest that either aren't actually linked to a recipe (just a delicious looking photograph) or are just plain awful tasting, but once in awhile you come across one that blows your mind! Enter the paleo pancake recipe I found via Pinterest and Simple Green Moms, it is ah-mazing!
I made this recipe in early August while I began my first summer attempt at the paleo lifestyle (yet again). Because it was so delicious, I posted a quick photo to Instagram and couldn't believe how many people wanted the recipe.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 2/3 c almond milk (or water!)
- In a small bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Pour almond flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk (or water) and stir (or whisk) all together.
- Heat waffle griddle and spray with non-stick spray or coconut oil
- Pour in 1/4 cup of mixture into each "square"
- Remove when done, top with almond butter and berries or banana (maybe even a drizzle of honey).
- ENJOY! :)
Seriously this recipe is so easy and delicious, I make a bunch to eat throughout the week!